E-M:/ FW: USDA Announces Extension of Comment Period for Section 9006 Proposed Rules

Enviro-Mich message from "Simpkins, Dulcey L (DLEG)" <dlsimpk@michigan.gov>

Hello--I have followed the enviro-mich concerns about the environmental impacts/non-impacts of anaerobic digesters. This announcement may be of interest to people who would like to follow/comment on the Farm Bill section 9006 provisions.  The comment period has been extended, and link/other contact info is below.

Dulcey Simpkins
Biomass Energy Program Coordinator
Energy Office, State of Michigan
phone:  517.241.6223
fax:  517.241.6229
email:  dlsimpk@michigan.gov
web:  www.michigan.gov/biomass

  |       To:       amorel@eesi.org
  |       Subject:  Announcement of Comment Period  Extension

USDA has decided to extend the 30-day comment period for the Section 9006
Proposed Rule.  They will be placing their announcement on the Federal
Register (www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/browse.html)  later this afternoon.  When we
spoke to USDA they had not decided the length of the extension but the new
deadline will be included in the Federal Register posting.

Thank you for your patience in this process and we will update you as
events warrant.
Alexandra

Alexandra Morel
Program Assistant
Environmental and Energy Study Institute
122 'C' Street, NW
Washington DC, 20007
(202) 662-1885