Re: E-M:/ Tragic News

Enviro-Mich message from "Jeff Surfus" <jeffsurfus@comcast.net>

I just can't believe it!

Mary Beth was very active in the fight against out of state trash and for better waste management and recycling in Michigan. As many of you recall, Elvis played a big part in the campaign against Toronto trash. Mary Beth conceived of the idea and also rewrote the words to the Elvis hit "Return to Sender." She made working on the issue of garbage fun! Also she contributed her creativity, her intelligence, and her energy to the issue completely behind the scenes. A lot of people have worked on this issue over the years, but Mary Beth was a key to the success that has taken place and you never saw her needing or asking for any of the credit.

Mary Beth Doyle was the voice of the Ecology Center. Anyone who has called the Ecology Center over the years has heard her voice on the voicemail. I'm hoping that we'll still at least hear that voice for a long time to come.

I'll miss you very much Mary Beth.

Jeff Surfus