E-M:/ SMLC Annual Program - Sun., Dec. 5, 2 p.m.

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

Please save the date:  Sunday, December 5, 2004

Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
2004 Annual Program

When:   Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 2:00 p.m.
            Join us for refreshments & socializing at 2:00 p.m.
            The program will start at 2:30 p.m.

Where:      Superior Township Hall
            3040 N. Prospect Road, Ypsilanti, MI  48198
            (at the corner of Cherry Hill and Prospect Roads)

Program:
SNAKES ALIVE!
Meet and learn about some of Michigan's most slithery creatures with
Naturalist Beth Duman.  A variety of live Michigan snakes will be on hand as we learn
about their habits, hangouts and personalities.  Snakes are neither slimy or
slippery, and they are an important part of local ecosystems.  Many of these
snakes can be found at SMLC nature preserves.  Bring the kids along for this
interesting and informative program!

We will also give an update of some of the Conservancy?s recent
accomplishments--including our farm restoration project, recent land preservation projects,
and upcoming land acquisitions.  A question and answer period will follow, so
bring along any questions you may have.

The Program is free and open to the public.  Hope to see you there!

Jack Smiley
Southeast Michigan Land Conservancy
www.landconservancy.com