Re: E-M:/ Dairy farms vs factory farms

Many, including myself, purchase hormone-free/antiobiotic-free, certified
organic dairy products at Whole Foods. Is there any way we could see Whole
Foods purchase and sell local dairy farm products?

                   Craig, my experience with WF is that if you ask nicely and frequently (and get your activist/customer friends to do the same), they'll try as best they can to accommodate you, as long as what you're asking for doesn't contradict any of their purchasing rules.  For example, a couple of years ago, they were carrying eggnog from a local dairy for the holidays.  However, it wasn't organic and it was loaded with corn syrup -- a great source of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in so much of our processed foods.  I asked consistently all that season if they couldn't find a better option that was both organic and not full of yuck.  The next holiday season, I reminded them again and before I knew it, there were several much healthier options on the shelf.  It never hurts to ask -- and ask frequently.  They do seem to be quite customer focused.  I'll do the same with my own WF market.  Maybe others will too.