Re: E-M:/ RE: / Hamtramck Incinerator and the "new" Steve Chester MDEQ

Dear Enviro-Mich Readers wishing to comment on the Hamtramck Incinerator

I am deeply grateful for Mr. Roher's suggestion that anyone not able to attend Thursdays Hearing send an e-mail to Steve Chester but as many of you may have read, e-mails will not be made part of the Public Hearing Record (thus not effective) as they must be mailed or hand delivered. And any statement made to Mr Chester will not be part of the Hearing.

So, I suggest three options

1- Attend the hearing and speak your mind (preferred) Its less than a mile off I-75 and easy to find.

2- Mail comments to the Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division, P.O. Box 30260, Lansing, Michigan, 48909, to the attention of the Permit Section Supervisor.  All
statements received by January 7, 2005 will be considered by the decision maker prior to final permit action.

3- If you can only e-mail, then e-mail me your comments at RobC313@aol.com  ASAP (but certainly before the Jan deadline) and I will print and forward them. Be sure to include your full name and address just like an actual letter. However, As many of you may not be able to "sign" your e-mails this may not be as effective as options 1 or 2.

In addition, although it will not be an official part of the Hearing Process, I can only assume that Mr Chester would welcome hearing from you regarding this issue. I have always found him to be receptive and concerned when it comes to such blatent issues of noncompliance. We are all counting on his department to do the the right thing by denying this permit.

Thank you for your concern

Rob Cedar
Director- HEAT- Hamtramck Environmental Action Team
President pro tem - Hamtramck City Council