E-M:/ Ohio Vote Recount info

Enviro-Mich message from "Anne M. Woiwode" <anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org>

After several conversations, I have been surprised how many people are
unaware that there is a recount of the Ohio Presidential votes that is
supposed to happen shortly.  The Green Party Candidate and the
Libertarian Party Candidate both requested the recount and ponied up the
money by the requisite time.  The Ohio Secretary of State has been quite
slow to certify the election, which is needed in order to have the
recount begin.  An article in today's Washington Post talks about the
decision by the Kerry Campaign, finally, to join in on the recount.  I
offer this mainly as a public service since so little has been carried
in the mainstream press and I find folks I thought would have known
about it don't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23344-2004Nov30.html?sub=
AR

A rally is being held in Columbus on Saturday, December 4 to support the
recount effort.  See below:

Friends,

ReDefeatBush is organizing activists to go to Columbus Ohio on Saturday
12/4 for a major protest against the massive electoral fraud that took
place there during the presidential election. To find out more, click
the attached PDF or visit: http://www.uacitizensforchange.com/rally/

Our plan is to leave from 1474 Oakstone Drive around 6:00 AM and be in
Columbus for the rally, which is between 1:00 and 4:00, then return to
Rochester Hills by around 9:30 PM or midnight, with food and bio breaks
along the way.  If enough people sign up, we may arrange a bus.

 If you can join us for this please let me know by Email at
bfealk@wideopenwest.com  or phone at  248-652-8781 .  To sign-up
officially with the ReDefeatBush folks, visit: http://www.beamerica.org/

This is an attack on America far worse than 9/11.  Let's show them that
we love our country and take the Constitution and our voting rights
seriously!  If they can do it in Ukraine, we can do it here.

Anne Woiwode, Director
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter
109 East Grand River Avenue,  Lansing, MI  48906
ph: 517-484-2372 fx: 517-484-3108 e: anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org
website:  http://michigan.sierraclub.org

"There is no precedent in any modern White House for what is going on in
this one: a complete lack of a policy apparatus. What you've got is
everything - and I mean everything - being run by the political arm.
It's the reign of the Mayberry Machiavellis."

John Dilulio, former head of President Bush's faith based initiative