E-M:/ lead in Christmas lights??

Hi Michigan,

Am I the only dodo in the world who didn’t know there’s lead in Christmas tree lights, something to do with the wiring?  Can anyone provide an explanation as to why we need lead in something that children are exposed to every Christmas??  Because of a law in California that requires it, there’s actually a warning on the package, telling me to wash my hands after handling the lights.  Astounding!

Yes, fool that I am, I bought them anyway.  I’m still trying to figure out why.

-Rita.

Rita Jack

Water Sentinels Project Director

Mackinac Chapter Sierra Club

tel:  517-484-2372

rita.jack@sierraclub.org

http://www.sierraclub.org/watersentinels/

"Speak out - even if your voice shakes."