E-M:/ RE: / lead in Christmas lights??

It probably the paint and certain colors will likely have more than others

From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Rita Jack
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 2:03 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ lead in Christmas lights??

Hi Michigan,

Am I the only dodo in the world who didn’t know there’s lead in Christmas tree lights, something to do with the wiring?  Can anyone provide an explanation as to why we need lead in something that children are exposed to every Christmas??  Because of a law in California that requires it, there’s actually a warning on the package, telling me to wash my hands after handling the lights.  Astounding!

Yes, fool that I am, I bought them anyway.  I’m still trying to figure out why.

-Rita.

~~~~~~~~><>~~~~~><>~~><>~~~~~

Rita Jack

Water Sentinels Project Director

Mackinac Chapter Sierra Club

tel:  517-484-2372

rita.jack@sierraclub.org

http://www.sierraclub.org/watersentinels/

"Speak out - even if your voice shakes."

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents
contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended to be for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
and destroy the original message and all copies.