Re: E-M:/ MDEQ-DOW settlement

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Midland, MI - June 12, 2003

"Now that we have this license, Dow can work with the community and regulators to chart the path forward," commented Susan Carrington, sustainable development director for Michigan Operations. "Clearly, the first step is to conduct additional sampling and research to develop definitive data. We are eager to work with the community to address immediate questions and to resolve long-term concerns."

http://www.dow.com/dow_news/manufacturing/2003/20030612a.htm

Today's Press Release January 19th, 2005

"The framework enables us to take immediate actions while we continue to
develop a responsible, science based, final resolution to the situation for
residents, our communities, and the Mid-Michigan region," said Susan
Carrington, Vice President and Director of the Michigan Dioxin Initiative
for Dow Chemical.

Michelle Hurd Riddick

Lone Tree Council