E-M:/ UPDATED MEC Calendar: Wouldn't it be great if....?

Enviro-Mich message from Michele Scarborough <mec@voyager.net>

The MEC Calendar has been newly updated! We hope you will all contribute
your events to us. We promise to post them in a timely manner.
Thank you!

****

Wouldn't it be great if there are thousands of environmentalists,
hundreds of environmental organizations, and dozens of events happening
all over the state every month?

Wouldn't it be great if:

1. We had a way to track and coordinate all the events that we are
engaged in around the state?
2. We simply knew what our colleagues and allies were doing on any given
day or month?
3. We could avoid stepping on each others' toes and tripping over each
other's major events?
4. We could easily identify overlapping interests and activities?
5. We could weave our events together to build synergy?

Perhaps all it takes is one, big, coordinated calendar on one web site
that lists all the activities and includes pop-up windows with more
detailed information and links to the contact people.  The Michigan
Environmental Council is adding to our website a calendar of all the
field, outreach, campaign, and community actions that all
pro-environment groups around the state are engaged in. This calendar
can currently be found at http://www.mecprotects.org/calendar.

This is a big task, the calendar is pretty bare so far, and we need your
input.  The more information that you give us, the more helpful it will
be for everyone.  We'd like to know who is doing what, the dates, times,
locations and contact information (including web link to your site) for
everything that is related to building environmental power and leading
to action.  Please email Michele Scarborough at mec@voyager.net with
your events, in addition you can visit the calendar site and click on
"Post an Event."

This is still a work in progress, but please let us know what you think
and together we will continue to build the power of Michigan's
environmental grassroots muscles.

---

Stephanie Anderson | Field Director
Michigan Environmental Council
517-487-9539 office | 734-657-9588 mobile

and
Michele Scarborough
Member Services Director
Michigan Environmental Council