E-M:/ REMINDER: Sierra Club Event: Affluenza

SIERRA CLUB VIDEO PRESENTATION OF AFFLUENZA

BALDWIN PUBLIC LIBRARY, 300 WEST MERRILL in BIRMINGHAM

TONIGHT (THURSDAY, JANUARY 27TH) at 7pm

Af-flu-en-za

n. 1. The bloated, sluggish and unfulfilled feeling that results from efforts to keep up with the Joneses.  2. An epidemic of stress, overwork, waste and indebtedness caused by dogged pursuit of the American Dream.  3. An unsustainable addiction to economic growth.  4. A television program that could change your life.  (taken from http://www.pbs.org/kcts/affluenza/)

Join the Sierra Club for the viewing of Affluenza, a PBS television special, which focuses on the repercussions affiliated with over-consumption and materialism.  The PBS special explores how materialism and over-consumption are taking over our lives and weakening our families, community, and environment.  Affluenza questions the typical American Dream and looks at a number of people who are looking for alternative lifestyles.

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Student/Conservation Organizer

melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org

100 North Crooks Road, Suite 105

Clawson, MI 48017

Phone:  (248) 435-5277