Re: E-M:/ Freep on Dow Deal

Calling on the public to bird-dog the process will only work in an open transparent process where the residents of Michigan are viewed by the Granholm  administration as legitimate stakeholders over the care and cleanup of resources that belong to the people of Michigan.

We were part of open process in the form of a DEQ community advisory panel. The state made the unilateral decision to stop those meetings in June and go behind closed doors with the polluter. Allowing citizens back into the public  process after shutting us out for seven months after an  agreement is signed and sealed between the state and  Dow  is condescending and disrespectful. Pardon us if  we remain skeptical of the good intentions.

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council