Re: E-M:/ Ann Arbor Greenbelt: Still SLOW!

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <andrewimutch@yahoo.com>

Fred,

Please explain why you stated that the City is "moving
very slowly" based on the article below.

The article notes that the City is currently taking
applications for the Greenbelt proposal. The window to
apply opened a week ago and the City will continue to
take applications through February 18th. Considering
the very significant legal and financial issues that a
property owner has to consider in selling their
development rights or property, I'm not at all
surprised that people didn't run down and apply on Day
1. It's a big decision for people to make about their
property and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the
applications come in at the last minute. Plus, this is
a voluntary program and if people decide not to
participate, the City can't force them to do so.

Andrew Mutch
Novi, MI