E-M:/ "Fact, Fiction, and Politics: Uses and Abuses of Uncertainty in the Climate Change Debate"

Enviro-Mich message from Doug Cowherd <dcow2@yahoo.com>

Is global warming really a threat to Michigan's
future?

Some have seized on our evolving knowledge, changing
projections, and scientists' innate caution to claim
that global warming is a myth or an unproven theory.
On Tuesday, February 15, you can learn the truth about
the claims and counterclaims regarding global warming
from a leading scientific expert.  The University of
Michigan's Henry Pollack will present "Fact, Fiction,
and Politics: Uses and Abuses of Uncertainty in the
Climate Change Debate."

This free event is sponsored by the local Sierra Club
group and is open to the public.  It begins at 7:30 pm
at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor
(directions below).  Newcomers are welcome; no
membership is required.

You're also invited to our social hour, during which
you can meet others who share your interest in nature
and learn about local Sierra Club activities ranging
from hikes and ski outings to a variety of
conservation campaigns.  We'll have EarthCash shopping
vouchers available for purchase by cash or check.
EarthCash vouchers let you help stop sprawl when you
buy groceries, books, CDs, and other items at the
stores where you already shop -- at no additional cost
to you.  It enabled us to contribute $43,000 to pass
Michigan's boldest anti-sprawl initiative.  With your
help, we can do even more.

Doug Cowherd
Co-Chair, Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group

Sierra Club-Huron Valley Group Monthly Meetings are
normally held on the third Tuesday of each month at
the beautiful Matthaei Botanical Gardens, located at
1800 N. Dixboro Road (between Geddes and Plymouth
Roads, east of US-23 and Ann Arbor), beginning at 7:30
pm.  Meetings are free and open to the public.
Newcomers are welcome; no membership is required.

Events information: www.michigan.sierraclub.org/huron/