Re: E-M:/ Global warming to worsen air pollution here

At 06:19 PM 02/22/2005, Frank Ambrose wrote:

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <snakeman1549@yahoo.com>

But we did just have a stagnant period. The high
pressure system sat on sw ontario and MI. According to
Alex's posts, we had some of the worst particulate
pollution in the country. Is this usual for the winter
time? I doubt it.

I said we didn't have hardly any atmospheric stagnation
conditions in Michigan during the year 2004 ozone season.

Yes, we have a multiple day (5-6 days) of atmospheric
stagnation this winter with high PM 2.5 air pollution.   However,
it doesn't appear that anything like this winter condition had occurred
since the time that PM 2.5 monitoring commenced in Michigan in
year 2001 that resulted in commensurate PM 2.5 pollution problems.

Frank