E-M:/ Sierra Club Event: Affluenza

SIERRA CLUB VIDEO PRESENTATION OF AFFLUENZA

COVERT CENTER, 1150 SCOTT LAKE ROAD in WATERFORD

THURSDAY, MARCH 10th, 2005 at 7pm

RSVP to Melissa (248-435-5277) by Tuesday, March 8

Af-flu-en-za

n. 1. The bloated, sluggish and unfulfilled feeling that results from efforts to keep up with the Joneses.  2. An epidemic of stress, overwork, waste and indebtedness caused by dogged pursuit of the American Dream.  3. An unsustainable addiction to economic growth.  4. A television program that could change your life.  (taken from http://www.pbs.org/kcts/affluenza/)

Join the Sierra Club for the viewing of Affluenza, a PBS television special, which focuses on the repercussions affiliated with over-consumption and materialism.  The PBS special explores how materialism and over-consumption are taking over our lives and weakening our families, community, and environment.  Affluenza questions the typical American Dream and looks at a number of people who are looking for alternative lifestyles.

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Student/Conservation Organizer

melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org

100 North Crooks Road, Suite 105

Clawson, MI 48017

Phone:  (248) 435-5277