THE FUTURE OF FOOD

by Deborah Koons Garcia (widow of Jerry Garcia of "The Grateful Dead")

The film will be followed by a discussion moderated by Claire O'Leary of the Sierra Club Genetic Engineering Committee.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005
6-8:30 PM

This program is FREE and open to the public!

Hamtramck Public Library
2360 Caniff Avenue
Hamtramck, MI 48212

The Future of Food provides an in-depth investigation and critique of genetically engineered foods and crops, including interviews with farmer activists such as Percy Schmeiser. According to the Telluride Daily Planet, "This stylish film is not just for food faddists and nutritionists. It is a look at something we might not want to see: Monsanto, Roundup and Roundup resistant seeds, collectively wreaking havoc on American Farmers and our agricultural neighbors around the world. In the end, this documentary is an eloquent call to action."

Your host is Healthy Traditions Network, a local chapter of the Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF). The WAPF is a non-profit, tax-exempt charity founded in 1999 to disseminate the research of nutrition pioneer Weston A Price. The Foundation is dedicated to restoring nutrient dense foods to the American Diet through education, research, and activism.

Please contact Kelly Kossuth, member of HTN, at kellykossuth@netzero.net or 313-365-4727 if you plan to attend. Or just show up!