Re: E-M:/ MI subsidizes egg laying CAFO, while Oklahoma AG Sues whole Poultry CAFO industry

Enviro-Mich message from Jan O'Connell <jan.oconnell@juno.com>

HI Anne,

I can find out more info on this but I was talking last week with a
friend that runs a business to promote Sustainable businesses.  He
told me of some new process that he's helping work on....to turn
chicken wastes into energy.  I wasn't able to talk to him long but
he specifically mentioned Herbruck's as being one of the businesses
he was trying to assist in this so-called sustainable process.  My ears
were atuned because years ago this was one of the first CAFO's I
reviewed, took pictures of when I was reviewing CAFO's with the
two interns working with me on CAFO's.

Back then (I believe) it was about 4 years ago....they were adding their
3rd barn and heavens...I think when I drove to Lansing a couple weeks
ago they were starting to build their 10th barn.

Anne, do you want more info on this....turning chicken waste into energy
process and if they were planning to handle all of Herbruck's waste
in this fashion?

Thanks!
Jan O'Connell