E-M:/ Aquatic disaster averted

Note our responsibility to the rest of our nation waters!

Aquatic disaster averted

"I bought a boat on the Internet off Boats.Com. It was a really good deal," Roe said Tuesday. "The marina selling it was in St. Joseph, Mich., on Lake Michigan and the St. Joe River. I'm from Michigan so I figured I'd go back and visit some relatives and pick up this boat."

"The salesman tells me, 'They're just zebra mussels. They're in all the waters around here. The guy just left his boat in the lake for the summer,'" Roe recalled.

Roe trailered the boat back to the Gallatin Valley. But he knew that "just zebra mussels" in Michigan wasn't the same attitude he was going to hear in Montana.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=2&display=rednews/2005/03/31/build/outdoors/35-mt-outdoors.inc