E-M:/ RE-energize America

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:34:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Earth Action <earthaction@nrdcaction.org>
To: ajs@sagady.com
Subject: This Earth Day, Help Re-energize America!

Dear NRDC Earth Activist,

This week, NRDC is celebrating the 35th anniversary of Earth Day by joining
others committed to reducing America's oil dependence through clean, renewable
energy. Together we've launched a new campaign to "Re-energize America." Check
out this exciting new campaign at http://www.nrdc.org/reenergize/.

Re-energize America is a diverse and growing coalition of concerned individuals
and organizations that together reflect the fast-emerging national consensus
that our nation must reduce its oil dependence and be responsible stewards of
our natural heritage. The best way to do that is to harness clean, renewable
energy sources and alternative energy technologies here at home, and to vastly
improve energy efficiency. Expanding our energy choices will stimulate
innovation, create jobs, strengthen our national security and stop global
warming.

We have the vision and means to revitalize America with new energy solutions,
but a few powerful corporations -- and the politicians who protect them -- are
holding us back. We are addicted to oil, we breathe air so dirty that it kills
more than 60,000 Americans prematurely each year, and our power plants and cars
churn out record levels of global warming pollution.

America shouldn't be handcuffed by polluting naysayers. Technologies exist
today to produce cars that burn less gas, generate electricity from wind and
sun, clean up power plants, create appliances and entire buildings that use
less power and create new markets for American farmers by growing biofuels.

It took us 10 years to send a man to the moon. It took another decade or so to
shift from typewriters to palm pilots. We can move from old energy to new
energy in a decade if we demand that our leaders in Washington pass mandatory
limits on global warming pollution and set American innovation free with
investments in clean, efficient energy.

Visit http://www.nrdc.org/reenergize/ right now, and join the fight to Re-
energize America. And best wishes for a happy Earth Day from everyone at NRDC!