E-M:/ Great Lakes Program - Tonight

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

Tomorrow is Earth Day, so some of you may be interested in this timely
program about the Great Lakes.  It's a Detroit Audubon sponsored program tonight at
7 p.m. in Wyandotte.

Jack Smiley
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Folks,

Tonight Dave Holtz, Director of Clean Water Action of Michigan and Cindy
Roper, Great Lakes Policy Director of Clean Water Action of Michigan will present
a program on "Protecting Our Great Lakes," at Detroit Audubon's Downriver
Membership Program (non-members are welcome too!!!!) at 7 p.m. at St. Elizabeth's
Catholic Church in Wyandotte (1123 Second St., just two blocks South of
Goddard and two blocks West of Biddle (Jefferson).  Use www.mapquest.com for a map
and directions.

Here's the write-up:  Parched western states and cities just outside the
Great Lakes Basin like Akron, Ohio are thirsty for our water.  Will that leave us
high and dry?  What can we do?  Our Great Lakes' waters are still repositories
of sewage, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals.  How can we keep these pre
cious fresh-water seas clean for everyone?  Come and hear Mr. Holtz and Ms.
Roper discuss these important issues.

I'll be there to introduce the speaker, bring refreshments etc.

What better way to spend a couple hours on the eve of Earth Day (tomorrow,
April 22nd).

Hope to see you there.

Jim Bull
Detroit Audubon Society