Re: E-M:/ Sen. Joe Mack -- Dead at 85

At 02:40 PM 04/21/2005, Mark Richardson wrote:
Enviro-Mich message from "Mark Richardson" <Mark.Richardson@macombcountymi.gov>

Gee Alex, is that all you've got to say about the guy! No anecdotes about how he used to hold court at the Ironwood Big Boy.

Or how about his famous remark about backpackers from downstate: "They come here with a pair of jeans and a twenty-dollar bill and don't change either one of 'em." (That could have been Dom Jacobetti - I can't remember.)

Mark....your memory is failing on remembering crucial quotes.... what Senator Mack said
about backcountry lovers in the Upper Peninsula was a bit more sharp....

"They come here with a can of beans, a five dollar bill and a pair of underwear and they don't change either
of them."

But the classic Mackism that is my favorite kind of reminds me of G. W. Bush right now:

"They [environmentalists] do to this country what others would do with bombs."

Alex J. Sagady & Associates http://www.sagady.com

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com