Re: E-M:/ Sen. Joe Mack -- Dead at 85

Enviro-Mich message from "Mark Richardson" <Mark.Richardson@macombcountymi.gov>

Jeans beans fives and twenties.  Well at least I remembered the point!

At 02:40 PM 04/21/2005, Mark Richardson wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Mark Richardson"
><Mark.Richardson@macombcountymi.gov>
>
>Gee Alex, is that all you've got to say about the guy!  No anecdotes about
>how he used to hold court at the Ironwood Big Boy.
>
>  Or how about his famous remark about backpackers from downstate:  "They
> come here with a pair of jeans and a twenty-dollar bill and don't change
> either one of 'em."  (That could have been Dom Jacobetti  - I can't remember.)

Mark....your memory is failing on remembering crucial quotes....   what
Senator Mack said
about backcountry lovers in the Upper Peninsula was a bit more sharp....

"They come here with a can of beans, a five dollar bill and a pair of
underwear and they don't change either
of them."

But the classic Mackism that is my favorite kind of reminds me of G. W.
Bush right now:

"They [environmentalists] do to this country what others would do with bombs."

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com