From: Alexander J. Sagady [mailto:ajs@sagady.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:44 PM
To: Trigger, Grant R.; Sadewass@aol.com;
Mark.Richardson@macombcountymi.gov; enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: RE: E-M:/ Sen. Joe Mack -- Dead at 85

At 05:23 PM 04/21/2005, Trigger, Grant R. wrote:

>[SNIP}
>
>I also recall him going toe to toe with Tom Washington who was a full
>head taller than Joe - and with a gleam in his eye he would not back
>down - but then again neither would Tom!
>
>Joe was probably the best rallying call for the early environmental
>movement in Michigan - and Dave Dempsey needs some space in his next
book
>to credit Joe with rallying the forces to oppose him !   He may have
been
>Michigan's James Watt

No, Grant,  John Engler is unquestionably "Michigan's James Watt"

And it wasn't MUCC and Tom Washington that got Joe Mack ousted from the
Senate Conservation Committee......

....It was UAW International Union power that finally clipped Mack's
wings and got him off of the Conservation Committee and replaced him
with Sen. John Hertel

Waste/Community Environmental and Resource Protection Prospectus at:
http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents
contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended to be for the addressee
only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
and destroy the original message and all copies.