E-M:/ Films About Bad & Good in our Food System

Food Films Coming to St Clair Shores, Grosse Pointe Park & Bloomfield Hills

Join the Michigan Organic Food & Farm Alliance (MOFFA) and our friends for presentations of two new films about the "bad and good" in our food system.
  • The Future of Food provides an in-depth investigation and critique of genetically engineered foods and crops.  Find out what you don't know about your food and why you should care.  Learn how our government is subsidizing this genetic pollution of the environment.  This film was recently featured at the East Lansing Film Festival and the Ann Arbor Film Festival.
  • The Real Dirt on Farmer John is a moving story about real-life farmer John Peterson, and the extraordinary history of his family farm and its evolution into Angelic Organics, a successful 1600 member community supported agriculture farm in the Chicago area.  This film is scheduled to air on PBS in 2006.

The Future of Food
Sunday, May 15, 6 to 8:30 pm
CRCI Office Building, 23550 Harper Ave (north of 9 Mile; south of Little Mack)
St Clair Shores

Thursday, May 19, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Grosse Pointe Park Public Library, 15175 E Jefferson (north of Alter Road)
Grosse Pointe Park

Free admission.  Open to the public.  Sponsored by MOFFA, Clean Water Action and Voices for Earth Justice.

The Real Dirt on Farmer John
Sunday, June 5, 7 pm
Landmark Maple Art Cinema III
4135 W Maple Road (west of Telegraph)
Bloomfield Hills

Free admission.  Open to the public.  Sponsored by MOFFA, Maple Creek Farm, Women's Lifestyle Magazine and Earth Works Urban Farm Program/Capuchin Ministries.

For more information about these events, contact Carol Osborne, MOFFA volunteer, 313-881-2980 or carolo@gtlakes.com.

Posted by Carol Osborne, Michigan Organic Food & Farm Alliance (MOFFA), PO Box 36880, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI  48236.  VIsit us at www.moffa.org