Re: E-M:/ Trash-O-Meter

In a message dated 5/23/2005 6:41:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RRRASOC@aol.com writes:
And then there are those of us who think the trash-o-meter is an embarrassing piece of demagoguery, trying to pass off attempts at interfering with private trade as legitimate environmental protection efforts.
Yes, I suppose it makes sense that the state that is surrounded by 60 trillion gallons of water, (about 1/5 of the worlds fresh water supply) poses as a garbage dump.  I am sure that the pollution that currently sits on top of the mitten, and which enters our borders daily has absolutely no way of getting into the lakes and creating a hazard down the road.

I feel very confident that the chemical cocktails that are being created daily in our lovely state will have no effect on our drinking water, and that it will not in any way affect the immune systems of our animals, birds and children.

I say we increase the garbage that we take in, not only from Canada, but from every place!!!  Lets just mound it up so damn high that we can build houses on it, and then our real estate will soar because homes will be on mountains.

Bring it on, right? The more the merrier.  Drink up babydoll.

Namaste,
Edie

PS: Try this..........Freecycle Groups Around the Globe