Re: E-M:/ Trash-O-Meter

Based on the shrill, intemperate, personally offensive and virtually content-free tone and "substance" (using the term loosely) of Mike Csapo's post, I'd have to conclude that the "trash-o-meter" seems to have hit a nerve that richly deserved to be hit!  I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night...

As for "21st century political theory literature," a category which is so broad as to defy rational understanding & identification, I humbly offer below Joe Bageant's recent essay, "Car-pooling with Eichmann," which seems to capture the political theories that have dominated the solid waste management industry for some time now... (as in: "Every one of them lives in an egomaniacal la-la-land of his or her imagination and manages to get paid to do it.")

And Alex, or course it's slightly "off-topic" in the narrow view of "environmentalism" and "Michigan" as conceptually isolated subjects of discourse for polite, predominantly white middle class liberal discussion groups, but opening my inbox to a bombastic and addle-brained lecture by a solid waste industry manager is a provocation that richly merits an extensive response...

Tom Stephens
Guild/Sugar Law Center
733 St. Antoine, 3rd Floor
Detroit, Michigan 48226