E-M:/ National Environmental Conference Coming to Grand Rapids!

Enviro-Mich message from "Jennifer Acevedo" <acevedoj@michigan.gov>

You are invited!  Don't miss this great MSWG conference, Grand Rapids, MI, June 20-22!

The eighth annual conference of the Multi-State Working Group on Environmental Performance is going to be great.  Hosted by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality with support from EPA, we expect to see many folks who heard about last year's great event and don't want to miss this year.   Check out the program, register, and secure lodging at the discount rates until June 1st at www.michigan.gov/deqworkshops, click on upcoming DEQ Workshops and scroll down to "Eco-Innovation 21: The Local/Global Imperative."

This year we will have nearly 90 presenters and moderators in 18 breakout sessions and six plenary sessions.  We expect attendees from throughout America and at least eight foreign countries.  We will have practitioners and policy makers from all sectors: business, government, non-government and academic.  This year's theme suggests that innovation and collaboration are not optional if we are to meet the economic and environmental challenges of the world.

Michigan's leaders in environmental innovation should not miss this event! This event has the latest thinking, tools, and practices for your organization's economic and ecological successes. It highlights the tie between energy and the environment and explores the eco-environmental supply chains in this hemisphere and china. It pushes the envelope in theory, policy and practice. Hear speakers from the United States, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, China, Denmark, Argentina, and The Netherlands.

Don't forget to register online at http://www.deq.state.mi.us/eforms/mswg2005registration.html.

We hope to see you there!

Jennifer Acevedo
Marketing Coordinator, Education & Outreach Unit
Environmental Science & Services Division
517-335-3203

Sign up for DEQ workshops at www.michigan.gov/deqworkshops