E-M:/ WARM's Green Bag Lunch - June 16

Hello!
WARM Training Center is pleased to host our monthly "Green Bag" Lunch. This informal, bring-your-own lunch happens once a month to provide an opportunity for networking and learning about sustainable development efforts in Detroit. Most lunches feature a particular organization or topic to focus discussion, as well as time for announcements and updates.

This month we'll feature an update on lead poisoning and prevention in Detroit. Our featured guest of the day is Mary Sue Schottenfels of CLEARCorps Detroit. The CLEAR (Community Lead Education And Reduction) Corps is a national Americorps program implementing targeted, effective and feasible strategies for reducing childhood lead poisoning in economically distressed neighborhoods.

Please invite others to this forum who you think would be a good addition.

Time and Location:
        Thursday, June 16
        12 - 1:30 pm
    at WARM's Green Building Demonstration Center
   4835 Michigan Ave.
      at the corner of Michigan and 31st
        (parking in rear - but park as close to the building as possible.)
      313-894-1030

Agenda: 12 - 1:30pm
        1) lunch (bring your own lunch) and general networking
        2) introductions, announcements  and updates
        3) What is happening with Lead poisoning and prevention in Detroit today? What can residents and community groups do to keep our neighborhoods safe and healthy?

We hope you'll be able to join us for this effort to keep sustainable development moving forward in Detroit.