E-M:/ first of season?? Grand River Surface water advisory

Good Morning Michigan

I’m wondering - was this the first Sewage Dump of the season??  This was a result of Sunday’s rain.  What about the rain from last night’s storms?  We read online that we got 5/8 inch yesterday and last night.

-Rita.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/paid/333111991833676.bsp

Surface water advisory issued for Grand River

Sunday afternoon's rain storm in Grand Rapids pushed the sewage treatment facility there over its capacity, sending a combined sewer overflow release of about 2.5 million gallons into the Grand River.

The overflow prompted the Ottawa County Health Department on Monday to issue a surface water advisory for the entire length of the river through the county. The three-day no body contact advisory is set to expire at 11 a.m. Thursday.

(snip)

Rita Jack

Water Sentinels Project

Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

109 E. Grand River Ave.

Lansing, Michigan  48906

tel:  517-484-2372

www.michigan.sierraclub.org

www.sierraclub.org/watersentinels

Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.