[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Executive Director Position Announcement
- Subject: E-M:/ Executive Director Position Announcement
- From: "Heather Van Den Berg" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:11:13 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "Heather Van Den Berg" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Enviro-Mich message from "Heather Van Den Berg" <email@example.com>
Position Announcement: Executive Director
Please note that a more detailed description is posted at:
The Clinton River Watershed Council (CRWC) located in Rochester, MI is
seeking an experienced and enthusiastic team leader to manage CRWC?s daily
operations and watershed management activities. The Executive Director
promotes watershed management through cooperative efforts with governments,
businesses, community organizations, and individuals. The ideal candidate
will fulfill CRWC?s mission through sound management of the organization?s
internal operations (including day-to-day activities, staff oversight, and
team-building) and external relationships with other agencies,
organizations, and individuals via the activities outlined below.
1. Promote watershed-based land use planning and sound watershed management
practices through subwatershed planning activities, permit reviews, site
visits, presentations, and requests for assistance.
2. Oversee the development and coordination of CRWC?s education and
stewardship programs, including Adopt-A-Stream, Stream Leaders, River Day,
Clinton Clean-Up, Clinton River Coldwater Conservation Project,
publications, and other public forums, workshops, conferences, and
3. Promote CRWC as a watershed management service provider & advocate.
4. Develop and implement a strategic plan in cooperation with and approved
by the Board of Directors.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget and work plan.
6. Oversee the development and implementation of CRWC?s fundraising
7. Oversee the development and implementation of CRWC?s marketing and
8. Promote efficient operation of the workplace.
9. Facilitate staff support to the Board of Directors.
10. Hire and manage staff, including establishing performance criteria,
conducting annual reviews, and facilitating professional development.
11. Comply with the bylaws of the Clinton River Watershed Council.
· A team leader, able to motivate staff and the public and coordinate
collaborative partnerships among diverse stakeholders.
· Passion for serving our communities and protecting, enhancing and
celebrating the Clinton River, its watershed, and Lake St. Clair.
· Minimum Bachelor's degree, Master?s degree strongly preferred in
environmental, public policy, or non-profit administration field.
· Previous non-profit and/or small business management experience, including
· Thorough understanding of basic ecological principles, particularly
related to water quality and non-point source pollution.
· Extremely strong public speaking, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
Excellent relationship skills, including tact, sense of humor, and
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a
· Demonstrated word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and
database skills; website development experience a plus (the office uses
Microsoft and Adobe products on a PC platform).
· Reliable personal transportation, as this position requires substantial
travel, and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends (compensatory
time off available).
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, plus medical and dental
insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, and travel reimbursement.
About CRWC: The Clinton River Watershed Council is a 33-year-old 501(c)3
non-profit organization that coordinates efforts of individuals, businesses,
local governments, and community groups to protect, enhance, and celebrate
the Clinton River, its watershed, and Lake St. Clair. Key program areas
include watershed management, education, and stewardship. CRWC currently has
a staff of 4 full-time and 2 part-time employees. Our office is located a
stone?s throw from the Clinton River in vibrant downtown Rochester. For a
more detailed position description and information about us visit our
website at www.crwc.org.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Clinton River Watershed Council
101 Main Street, Suite 100
Rochester, MI 48307
Please do not send applications via e-mail.
ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at
Postings to: firstname.lastname@example.org For info, send email to
email@example.com with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich"