E-M:/ State stumbles over toxic fish

Wow, I thought. Pretty interesting. The contamination issue has grown so ubiquitous and significant that it made pages of a national glossy.

Affluent women all across the country were getting a taste of concern. Significant because it is now common knowledge that a heart-healthy diet consists of one to two fish meals a week.

But what about other kinds of fish and what of less fortunate people, I wondered. The state's best educational tool, the annual Michigan Family Fish Consumption Guide, no longer is published and distributed to anglers and lower-income families.