Re: E-M:/ Nestle sues state over Evart restrictions

Enviro-Mich message from Carol Izant <cogknot@yahoo.com>

Bravo, Tom!!! Very well said...I'll try to remember to
quote you!!! All kidding aside...ain't it the truth!!!
Unfortunately, until the corporation is stripped of
its "personhood", we will continue to be plagued by
the actions of these sociopathic bad boys...

--- "Thomas W. Stephens" <tstephens@sugarlaw.org>
wrote:

> Enviro-Mich message from "Thomas W. Stephens"
> <tstephens@sugarlaw.org>

> "Nestle Waters is only asserting the same rights
> that every other water user
> in Michigan enjoys," he said.
>
> A "corporation" wants the same "rights" to Great
> Lakes water as our
> children!  Ha-Ha-Ha! That's a good one!  What a
> joke, right?  No
> "corporation" can drink water... or get sick from
> lack of clean water...  or
> equitably share an unparalleled water resource with
> others to whom it is a
> necessity of life, health & growth...  Any
> "corporation" is interested in
> OUR water only insofar as it can make MONEY from OUR
> water, and if it wants
> to make MORE MONEY instead of preserving and sharing
> the resource equitably,
> it will choose the Money over the resource every
> time...
>
> The flesh-and-blood human beings of the Great Lakes
> basin don't have to, and
> shouldn't take spurious corporate claims to "rights"
> lying down, or we might
> one day find our vital resource base even more
> depleted, or even destroyed,
> by those who claim "rights" to usurp essential
> resources for exploitation by
> fictional entities.
>
> Tom Stephens
> Guild/Sugar Law Center
> 733 St. Antoine, 3rd Floor
> Detroit, Michigan 48226
> (313) 962-6540
> (313) 962-4492 (fax)
> (586) 419-9230 (cell)

> ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan
> Environmental
> and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen
> Action.   Archives at
>
> Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For
> info, send email to
> majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message