E-M:/ Water Legacy Act Townhall Meeting in Monroe- June 27

Here is a great opportunity to learn about issues effecting the Great Lakes and be heard on the importance of protecting our Great Lakes quality of life.

Please join the discussion during a Great Lakes Water Legacy Act Town Hall Meeting with Sen. Brater, DEQ officials, and other elected officials on Monday June 27 in Monroe, MI.  Michigan is lacking laws protecting our Great Lakes from irresponsible use and this is a chance to let our elected officials know that the time to act is now.

What:  Great Lakes Town Hall Meeting
When: Monday June 27, 6:30 PM
Where: Monroe County Clerk's Office- Monroe, MI
            106 E. 1st St. Monroe, MI  48906-4826
            committee room, on the first floor
Why:  Learn about work that is being done to pass strong laws to protect the Great Lakes from irresponsible foreign governments, multinational corporations, and others who want to treat Michigan's water like their own private wells.

To learn more about work that is being done in Michigan to protect the Great Lakes, visit Clean Water Action's website:
www.cleanwateraction.org/mi

For more information please contact:
Brian Beauchamp
Clean Water Action