E-M:/ Prairie Plantings

----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Brush [mailto:lbrush@umich.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 2:54 PM
To: Announcement List for MI Stewardship Network
Subject: [stewardshipnetwork] Prairie Planting webcast - Wed, July 13,
11:45 to 1pm Eastern time

Hi All-

Please feel free to distribute the following notice about an online
presentation and discussion about how to plan a prairie planting.

Native prairies are in their full glory this time of year. Ever worked on
planting a prairie? Ever wanted to restore an old field to a native
prairie? Just wondered what goes into the thinking about how to plan and
plant a prairie? Just like learning more about native ecosystems?

Then please join The Stewardship Network ONLINE on July 13 2005 (the 2nd
Wednesday of the month) from 12:00 noon to
1:00 pm Eastern time for a presentation and discussion on how to plan and
plant a native prairie.
We'll discuss planning, site preparation, plant sources, ongoing
maintenance and any other issues you bring to the presentation and
discussion.

Leading the webcast will be the following panel of experts:
-Sherri Laier, Director of Stewardship with the Michigan Nature
Association. Sherri has been involved in planting prairies all over the
midwest for various non-profits and private individuals and businesses.
-Doug Landis, Professor of Entomology with Michigan State University's
Center for Integrated Plant Systems who has recently planted his first
prairie.
-Lisa Brush, Executive Director of the Stewardship Network who has been
working to bring groups and individuals together to build capacity to
manage our natural areas.

To join the meeting, please click on the following link:

<http://breeze.cvm.msu.edu/r60615946/>
and enter as a guest anytime after 11:45am Eastern time.

Your computer will need Macromedia Flash Player 6 (6.0.65) or later as a
browser plug-in. Note: Macromedia Flash Player is standard in most
browsers. You can find out what version of Flash Player you have at the
Test Macromedia Web Players page at www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

To log in, please "Enter as a Guest" anytime after 11:45 a.m.  You will not
need to enter a password, but you should enter your first and last name. If
you
encounter any technical difficulties,
please contact Todd Shunneson at 414-254-0122. We'd also encourage everyone
to do a quick trial run AHEAD OF TIME to make sure you are able to access
the meeting on your computer. If you try beforehand and encounter
difficulties Todd will be able to help you discover what the problem is.

We know that some people have had problems accessing similar presentations
when trying to enter from their company's servers because of strict
"firewall" configurations. Most of these people who had problems were
trying to access the presentation from government buildings. If you are
having problems accessing the presentation, some helpful tips can be found
here: http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19546
------------

Once you have logged in to the meeting, you will be able to ask questions
of and share information with these experts and others who join us online.
You will be able to hear Doug, Sherri, and Lisa through speakers on your
computer (make sure they are turned on!). You will be able to share your
thoughts, ideas, questions, and
perspective via your keyboard. Participants will be able to see everyone's
typed comments.

This webcast of The Stewardship Network is again hosted and sponsored by
MSU Global Ventures. We plan to continue offering new webcasts on a variety
of ecological restoration topics on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. While
you may never have participated in a
webcast or online meeting we are excited to continue exploring this
innovative outreach/networking technology and encourage you to try it out.
You may also want to check out the archive of our May, 2005 webcast on
controlling Garlic Mustard at http://breeze.cvm.msu.edu/p37329821/
or our June 2005 webcast on controlling purple loosestrife at
<http://breeze.cvm.msu.edu/p72861972/>

If you have questions before the 2nd Wednesday of the month, July 13,
please feel free to email Lisa at lbrush@umich.edu

Hope you can join us!
Lisa

Lisa Brush
Executive Director
The Stewardship Network
1831 Traver Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48103
734/395-4483

The Stewardship Network - pulling together for nature! The Network was
established in 1998 to build the capacity of organizations, individuals, and
private businesses to preserve, restore, and manage natural lands and
waters.
Since its inception, the Network has collaborated with nonprofits large and
small, governmental agencies and units, private businesses, and dedicated
individuals to achieve that goal.

The Stewardship Network connects a broad range of groups, rallies
volunteers,
and fills the gaps in today's preservation efforts. Every day we're out on
the
land - making connections, providing hands-on training, building
relationships,
sharing tools, and passing along new information. Why? So that the many
groups
and individuals that protect our natural areas can become even stronger and
more effective.

The Network brings expertise in natural areas management and community
building
to increase the effectiveness of organizations, agencies, businesses, and
individuals doing on-the-ground management.

Lisa Brush
Executive Director
The Stewardship Network
1831 Traver Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48105
734/996-3190
lbrush@umich.edu
www.stewardshipnetwork.org

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com