E-M:/ National Public Lands Day

Fort Custer Training Center will again be hosting a National Public Lands Day event.  This is an opportunity for folks to come and enjoy the marvelous natural resource gem that the Training Center is as well as contribute to its ecological health.  This year we'll be plucking garlic mustard, planting native trees and plants in recovering areas, building protected turtle nesting areas (our turtles suffer horribly at the paws of Rodentia), and building bluebird houses.  A potluck lunch will be shared, some grilled fare will be provided, but if you have something you'd like to put on the grill, bring it.  We do need to have your name so you can enter the gate and if you need directions, email me.

FCTC is an Army National Guard training center in Southwest Michigan.  Comprised of 7500 acres of mostly undeveloped land, the Center houses a vast array of wildlife and is a gem of contiguous habitat.  Tours of the site will be available during the day.

For more information about National Public Lands Day, visit www.publiclandsday.org.  There are sites across the country participating.  It's a nice way to do one day of public service.

Please RSVP to Michele Richards, preferably via email at Michele.richards@mi.ngb.army.mil .  Or you can call me at the number below.  We hope to see you there!

Michele

Michele Richards