E-M:/ road to DETROIT!

<x-tad-bigger>clean fuel vehicles converge on detroit driven by youth!</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
here comes some support from around the country, to help put forward social and environmental concerns into the auto industry.
details below, and look for further announcements and requests.
<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
http://www.roadtodetroit.org
http://www.energyaction.org

clipped from roadtodetroit.org:<x-tad-bigger>
Detroit Convergence</x-tad-bigger>

This August, hundreds of youth will converge on Detroit for a fun and engaging 3-day event to demonstrate to automotive manufactures the desire and market base for cleaner, more fuel-efficient vehicles. We're making sure that there's something for everyone and are hosting town-hall style forums, parties, performance art events, strategy and networking sessions, and concerts as part of the convergence.

By encouraging the auto industry to support innovative automobile technology and advocating for government investment to achieve this transition, we will create bridge values that protect and grow Michigan’s leading industry while helping to curb emissions that jeopardize human health and the environment. Our broad-based approach to this convergence is both powerful and strategic, demonstrating that clean energy is no longer simply an “environmental” concern.
Register Now and check out our schedule below.  See you in Detroit!

<x-tad-bigger>The Road to Detroit Convergence Schedule</x-tad-bigger>
Saturday, August 20 – Memorial Park, Royal Oak
11 am – 5 pm: Come cheer the Road to Detroit Bus and the Sierra Club’s “Future Classics” Hybrid Car entry in the Woodward Dream Cruise. Music and lunch buffet will be available. Get information about the rest of the weekend’s events.
Sunday, August 21 – Wayne State University
Morning: The Road to Detroit
Welcome and presentation by the Road to Detroit organizers and bus crew.  Panel discussions on environmental justice and the auto industry and the economic benefits of more fuel-efficient cars.
Early Afternoon: The Road Ahead
Panel discussion on how to bring Clean Cars to Market. Presentations by government leaders, UAW representatives, and local environmental advocates.
Late Afternoon: Local Movement
Performance by local theatre troupe. Small group sessions on collaboration, networking, and the road ahead.
Early Evening: Celebrate Detroit: Now and Into the Future
Concert, meet with local artists, graffiti art competition.
Monday, August 22 –River Rouge Plant
Morning: Delivery of over 25,000 signatures on the Clean Car Pledge to UAW workers and Bill Ford, Jr.
Afternoon: Open time and space at Wayne State University for networking, meetings, and celebration.

co-lab*
4708 seminole street
detroit, mi 48214

http://www.co-labstudio.org