E-M:/ Great Lakes EPA Hearing AUG 1

Save the Great Lakes AUGUST 1st in Grand Rapids

A hugely important event in Grand Rapids to save our Great Lakes takes place Monday, August 1 at 6:30pm.  The location has not yet been released by the EPA.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is holding public hearings that will determine how high a priority our federal and state governments place on protecting our Great Lakes from invasive species, mercury contamination, wetlands destruction and other serious threats. At stake is more than $20 billion in funding to restore the Great Lakes.

The public is invited to comment to the EPA on the proposed Great Lakes Regional Collaboration draft plan. If enough of us speak out on August 1 about the need to fund this plan, Congress will act in the coming months on the funding request. Clean Water Action will provide you with sample testimony and walk you through the simple process of testifying at the hearing.

But if you do not wish to testify, YOU ARE STILL NEEDED to show support for Great Lakes protections by attending the hearing. You can also submit written comments.

Let?s show that Michiganders REALLY cares about the Great Lakes! Thank you.

For more information, or to RSVP to attend, PLEASE call or e-mail:

Kym Spring (616) 742-4084
grandrapids@cleanwater.org

This website has excellent information and you can submit your comments at:  http://www.glrc.us/.

Kym Spring, Community Organizer
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund
Ph- 616-742-4084
E-mail:
grandrapids@cleanwater.org
949 Wealthy St SE, #207
Grand Rapids, MI  49506
www.cleanwateraction.org
www.cleanwaterfund.org

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you receive this communication in error, please notify me immediately by email, telephone or fax and delete the original message from your records. Thank you.