[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Job at Friends of the Rouge
- Subject: E-M:/ Job at Friends of the Rouge
- From: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:37:30 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <email@example.com>
Enviro-Mich message from "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Friends of the Rouge
Rouge Education Project Outreach Coordinator
Under the general direction of the Friends of the Rouge (FOTR) Executive Director and the direct supervision of the Rouge Education Project (REP) Coordinator, the REP Outreach Coordinator will be primarily responsible for recruitment of new schools and corporate sponsors into the REP. The REP is a school-based water quality monitoring program that is coordinated by FOTR. The program began in 1987 with 16 local high schools. Today, nearly 90 elementary, middle and high schools participate annually. Participating schools are located throughout the Rouge River watershed, located in southeastern Michigan.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions
1. Develop and implement marketing/sales plans designed to recruit new schools and corporations into the REP by focusing on FOTR services and successes.
2. Assist the REP coordinator in promoting and building support for the education project with key school administrators, local government officials and corporate representatives.
3. Recruit students from colleges and universities to work with REP schools as College Student Assistants volunteers.
4. Establish key relationships with existing and potential corporate sponsors to expand the REP Adopt-a-School program.
5. Support the REP coordinator with workshop and activity planning and implementation.
6. Assist in fostering collaborative efforts with colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning, and with organizations such as the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Wayne County Department of Environment, Earth Force/GREEN, Project Wet and others to enhance the REP.
7. Participate in ongoing program assessment.
Secondary Job Functions
1. Participate in discussions and revisions of the REP written materials.
2. Assist the REP coordinator in ensuring that teachers receive the information, equipment and other resources necessary to implement the REP in their classrooms.
3. Provide information, as necessary, to fulfill the requirements of the Rouge Program Office/Wayne County grant managers, the FOTR Executive Director and the FOTR Board of Directors.
4. Assist and support the FOTR team and volunteers in FOTR activities and programs, primarily the REP.
5. Assist in fundraising efforts.
6. Track and report activities and time on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
7. Assist with management of FOTR?s general membership base.
· Minimum BA/BS in a science-related or business field of study.
· Preferable 1 ? 2 years experience in recruiting and sales techniques.
· Knowledge of environmental issues gained through classes/workshops or direct experience.
· Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
· Self-starter, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, innovative and capable of meeting challenges.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to plan and implement projects.
· Ability to work under deadlines.
· Possess commitment to environmental issues.
· Experience with PC, MS Office and the Internet.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
This is a full-time (40 hour per week) position that requires work on some weekends and evenings, particularly during the school year.
Commensurate with experience.
Contact Person: Dave Tessier
Alex J. Sagady & Associates http://www.sagady.com
Environmental Enforcement, Permit/Technical Review, Public Policy,
Evidence Review and Litigation Investigation on Air, Water and
Waste/Community Environmental and Resource Protection
Prospectus at: http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf
PO Box 39, East Lansing, MI 48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); email@example.com
=============================================================ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at
Postings to: firstname.lastname@example.org For info, send email to
email@example.com with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich"