E-M:/ Sierra Club Green Cruise

SIERRA CLUB GREEN CRUISE

Bring your bikes, walking/running shoes, wagons, canoes/kayaks (why not? put ‘em on wheels)!

When?  Saturday, August 13 from 2 to 4:30pm

Parade begins at 2pm and Rally at 4pm

Where?  Meet in St. John’s parking lot (Southeast corner of 11 Mile and Woodward)

Who?  It’s for all ages!

What is the Green Cruise?

The Green Cruise is an event that will bring attention to ways in which we can improve our air quality in Michigan.  With soaring gas prices and air quality alerts, alternative modes of transportation (walking, biking, etc.) are definitely better for our wallets, better for personal fitness, and better for the air we breathe.

The Rally at 4pm will highlight the Green Cruiser of the year.  To nominate someone for the award, go to http://www.sierraclub.org/community/oakland/nomination_form.PDF.  The winner will receive a certificate and a $50 Whole Foods gift certificate.  After the Green Cruiser is announced, door prizes will be raffled off (clothing and gift certificates from local businesses).

T-shirts are available (only a few left).  They are made out of organic cotton and are American made.  Cost is $15.

Sponsors/Donors Include:  Whole Foods, Moosejaw, Trader Joe’s, Running Fit, St. John’s, Relationship Institute, Black Dog Design

To Download posters and flyers to distribute, go to www.sierraclub.org/community/oakland.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL FAR AND WIDE!!!

If you’re interested in volunteering at the event, please contact me at 248-435-5277 or via email.

Keep it green!
Melissa

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Student/Conservation Organizer

melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org

100 North Crooks Road, Suite 105

Clawson, MI 48017

Phone:  (248) 435-5277