Re: E-M:/ Details on MI Transportation funding?

I note the following in the transportation bill

? Ingham County ? $16.84 million ? Extension of Trowbridge Road to Farm Lane and Farm Lane between Mt. Hope Road and Trowbridge Road with underpasses for CN and CSX railroad crossings

Seems to me this is Michigan State University "pork"

If this involves making Farm Lane a 4 lane highway, will this mean
losses of land from Baker Woodlot and the MSU Fish and Wildlife
habitat area?

Any resident of east lansing would tell you it would be far more important to construct
grade separations/underpasses for the rail road crossings on Harrison Road than
to construct these underpasses on Farm Lane.

At 04:23 PM 08/01/2005, WIMS wrote:
>Ann,
>
>Today's WIMS Daily Environmental Briefing Report includes articles on the transportation bill from a national and Michigan perspective. Links are provided to releases from Senators Levin and Stabenow detailing the Michigan projects included.
>
>Other articles in today's issue include coverage of the energy bill, the Interior/EPA appropriations bill and Michigan Beach Walking decision and more.
>
>For a limited time, persons may access this Daily report at:
><http://www.ecobizport.com/WIMSDailyPost88992211.html>http://www.ecobizport.com/WIMSDailyPost88992211.html
>
>Jeff
>Waste Information & Management Services, Inc. (WIMS)
>Publishers of Michigan Waste Report, REGTrak, WIMS Daily & eNewsUSA
>Jeff Dauphin, President
>767 Kornoelje Dr. NE, Comstock Park, MI 49321-9537
>Phone: 616-647-2186
>E-Mail:  <mailto:jd@ecobizport.com>jd@ecobizport.com

PO Box 39,  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com