Re: E-M:/ Trash - Dumping Charge in PA Continues to Slash Garbage Imports

Reports of annual waste landfilled in Michigan are available at
http://michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-135-3312_4123-47581--,00.html

These reports document the increasing problem of failing to deal with the economics of waste imports.

Comparable annual reports for waste landfilled in Pennsylvania are available at
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/airwaste/wm/drfc/reports/CTYFACTXT.HTM

For the Pennsylvania reports the imports data are best presented in the annual COUNTY report showing the amount of MUNICIPAL waste imported from each state, Puerto Rico and Canada.

Michigan must act before the increasing interest in shipping trash by the mile-long train load buries our ability to change our solid waste management policy.

Brad