E-M:/ President Bush's support of ID

Enviro-Mich message from Rick Plecha <rickplecha98@yahoo.com>

Thank you all for your insightful comments, points of
view and wit when you responded to my query about your
views of President Bush's support of Intelligent
Design.   It was refreshing and thought-provoking.

I would like to add mine, if I may.

When I was growing up, my parents thought I should
receive some amount religious eduction.  Not being
religious themselves, they signed me up for catechism
classes taught on Saturday mornings. (strikes one and
two).
It was there, during catechism, I learned the core of
their belief.  They believed, and taught, that the
Creator of all things was responsible for all life on
earth. The catechism teachers believed that this was
true for the tiniest one celled organism up to the
most complex organism, the human being.  (They also
taught me that if I didn't agree with them I was going
to hell -strike three)

Now if I teach my students this (now its called ID) in
my science classes, aren't I promoting this one
religion's teaching?  And with all of this
administration's double speak aside, isn't that a
violation of the First Ammendment let alone incredibly
offensive to my Sik, Hebrew, and Suni students?

Regards,

Rick Plecha,MSE

 "To teach is to touch a life forever"