23, 2005, the ONLY Michigan hearing officially taking public input on the
proposal is being held in Lansing. By attending the event, YOU can help
ensure that our Great Lakes are NOT for sale.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005
1:30 p.m.
Michigan Library and Historical Center (Lake Ontario Conference Rm.)
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI

Michigan sits in the middle of 80 percent of the fresh water in North
America, but we can't take Great Lakes water for granted. There is a growing
risk that this water could be exported in bottles, pipelines or freighters
out-of-state and overseas. Please attend the hearing and ask the Governor to
fix the proprosal in order to keep our waters around for future generations.

If you would like talking points for the hearing, please email me at
<brenfer@cleanwater.org> and I would be happy to send you additional
information.

Bethany Renfer
Clean Water Action