E-M:/ Register Today for First Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference

Enviro-Mich message from "Chris Grubb" <Grubbc@nwf.org>

The First Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference: The Future of the Lakes is in Our Hands
September 8-9th, 2005 Healing Our Waters SM - Great Lakes Coalition Conference 2101 Wood Street

REGISTER TODAY!! Dont miss this opportunity to participate in the First Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference: The Future of the Lakes is in Our Hands As an economic driver, a tourism beacon, a sportspersons paradise and a natural wonder, the Great Lakes are a jewel to both the region and the nation. However, the Great Lakes are exhibiting signs of the strain humans, exotic species, toxic pollutants and other stressors have put upon them. If the Lakes are to maintain their beauty, ecological benefits and economic productivity we must ensure they are protected and restored.Innovative speakers from across the United States will join us.

Youll hear:
Ø Stephen Johnson, Administrator of the U.S. EPA (invited) - discussing the Great Lakes Regional Collaborative
Ø Internationally renowned Storm Cunningham discuss the trillion dollar restoration economy
Ø Valsin Marmillion, creator of the Coastal Louisianas Americas Wetlands marketing campaign
Ø Mary Barley, Director of the Everglades Foundation discuss lessons learned from other restoration projects
Ø Current state happenings from Ohio DNR Director Sam Speck and other state leaders
Ø Challenges to the business communitys involvement in Great Lakes restoration with George Kuper, President of the Council of Great Lakes Industries
Ø James Hackett, president and CEO of Steelcase discuss the Great Lakes as a global business foundation
Ø U.S. Congressman Vernon Ehlers and U.S. Senator George Voinovich discuss their commitments and concerns about the lakes and much more.

Why should you attend?
- GET THE LATEST RESTORATION NEWS
- LEARN ABOUT EXCITING AND INNOVATIVE GREAT LAKES ISSUES
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
- DISCOVER THE CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO RESTORATION
- SUNSET ON LAKE MICHIGANSEE ALL THE GREAT LAKES HAVE TO OFFER!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER - SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
 http://www.mucc.org/documents/RegistrationForm.doc

View full conference details and agenda at:
http://www.mucc.org/HOWGreatLakes.htm

NWF's mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.

Chris Grubb - Water Resources Coordinator
Great Lakes Natural Resource Center
National Wildlife Federation
213 W. Liberty, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1398