E-M:/ The August MACKINAC on line

The current award winning newsletter of the Mackinac (Michigan) Chapter of the Sierra Club is now on line at our website:

http://www.michigan.sierraclub.org/mackinac/2005august.html

This issue focuses on the Sierra Club’s outings program -- the Sierra Club’s mission starts with “Protect, Explore and Enjoy the wild places of the earth….”  and Sierra Club volunteers throughout Michigan play a huge role in bringing people in touch with the extraordinary and wonderful wild and sometimes not so wild places of our great state.  Here is a list of the articles in the issue, including our quarterly list of outings run by our local Groups state wide.  Outings are open to anyone, but you must contact the outings leader listed in each one to assure that they know you are hoping to join the trip. Inner City Outings, which give young people without the resources to enjoy nature a chance to get to know what it is like to camp, hike, fish, etc., are also highlighted in the issue.

  • Get Outdoors!
  • Sierra Club Outings: Hike in Good Company
  • Stargazers Explore Maybury’s Nighttime Aura
  • River Bank Deposits, or, Paddling with Ethics
  • Exploring and Enjoying Winter Wildflowers
  • Inner City Outings Takes a Canoe Trip
  • You Don’t Have to Travel Far . . .
  • Isle Royale Backpack Trips Offer Many Rewards
  • Mackinac Chapter Outings
  • Inner City Outings

Anne Woiwode, State Director

Sierra Club Mackinac (Michigan) Chapter

109 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48906

517-484-2372   fax 517-484-3108

Enjoy, Explore and Protect -  www.michigan.sierraclub.org