Re: E-M:/ When Meteorologists Attack....

In a message dated 9/5/05 12:51:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ajs@sagady.com writes:

I'm reminded of the movie with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson in
the military court room......can we handle the truth??

My father used to say, "truth is the conformity of the mind with reality."

The trouble is, truth rarely gets a fair hearing. . . . because of all that conformity of the mind with fantasy, projective identification, spin, diversion, racism, Hollywood dream factory tales, sportswhichmasqueradesforunthinkingnationalism, propaganda, local news sleepwalkers, conventional thinking and irrational fear.

Fear is the key weapon in the proto-fascist toolbox. But we all need to get over it. We must act AS THOUGH we lived in a true democracy.

You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, but you do need solid political leadership. We do not have that now.

We need to listen closely to the untold to the stories of the oppressed. And we must organize, educate, agitate, and turn the country over to truth with an unremitting passion. That will help set us free. . .

Bush and his crowd cannot handle that truth.

Brian McKenna