Re: E-M:/ When Meteorologists Attack....

In a message dated 9/5/05 12:27:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HAMILTREEF@aol.com writes:

on Saturday they cut the parish's [i.e. the county] emergency communications line, leading the sheriff to restore it and post armed guards to protect it from FEMA, Mr. Broussard said.

This is utterly amazing. And to think, this was reported in the New York Times. . . .

That would be like Ingham County Sheriff Wigglesworth posting armed guards at the Ingham County Health Department to prevent Bush's FEMA from turning off the power again.

This all has an eerie ring to it. . .with local governments taking up arms against the federal government. . . .is this the shadow of things to come?  Maybe not in our lifetimes, but when a revolution does come to the U.S. (something Moyers and others think inevitable), I imagine that various state and local governments will join the opposition. . .

Brian