From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
[mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of John Gear
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:12 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: E-M:/ Recipe for millions of future deaths and calamaties

Enviro-Mich message from John Gear <jmgear@acd.net>

Thinking of nature as having "whims" that can be overcome by man

During his 26-minute speech, the president evoked the horror that
Katrina wrought on the region, recalling scenes of the abandoned seeking
food and water, survivors victimized a second time by looters, and
"bodies of the dead lying uncovered and untended in the street." Bush
likened Katrina to the worst disasters of American history, including
the Chicago fire of 1871 and the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. "Every
time the people of this land have come back from fire, flood and storm
to build anew -- and to build better than what we had before," he said.
"Americans have never left our destiny to the whims of nature, and we
will not start now."