E-M:/ KIm Winchell --earth angel!

Protesters descended on Washington, D.C., last week to speak out against oil and gas drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

snip

The demonstration drew about 5,000 environmentalists from across the country, including 65 from Michigan and one from Tittabawassee Township.

Freeland resident Kim Winchell, an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America lay minister and environmental advocate for 130 congregations in Michigan, joined protesters on a bus trek to Washington. She called the trip a matter of principle.

"We knew we had to be there," said Winchell, an Alaska native. "It was a stand up and speak out moment."

Kim on behalf of the Lone Tree Council we thank you ever so much for your commitment to this issue. We are proud to have you living in the Saginaw Bay Watershed!

Michelle Hurd Riddick

Lone Tree Council